The American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA) exists to eliminate brain tumors through research and to meet the needs of brain tumor patients and their families. Beginning in 1973, the ABTA is the oldest organization furthering the efforts of research and patient education services. They focus on advancing research and patient education services. The ABTA is a steadfast advocate on behalf of the brain tumor community in the United States, & we are here to help patients, caregivers, & their loved ones as they navigate the brain tumor journey.
- The mission of the American Brain Tumor Association is to advance the understanding and treatment of brain tumors with the goals of improving, extending and, ultimately, saving the lives of those impacted by a brain tumor diagnosis.
- Increase research funding
- Improve the quality of information available to patients and their caregivers
- Boost the number of newly diagnosed patients who need information right away, so they can make informed treatment decisions
- Serve as the voice of the brain tumor community
- Breakthrough for Brain Tumors 5k Run & Walk: Since 2006, Our breakthrough for Brain Tumors 5k Run & Walk has raised over $32 Million for brain tumor research and support services!
- Research: Since 1976, the ABTA has awarded more than $32 million in research grants to scientists from around the world.
- CareLine: Each year, an average of 1,300+ brain tumor patients & caregivers are connected with information & resources of which 75% reported they found the info helpful or very helpful, & 55% reported feeling less distressed after speaking with CareLine staff.
- Patient & Caregiver Support: Nearly 150 brain tumor patients & caregivers annually are connected with a peer mentor, increasing their sense of support & ability to navigate the brain tumor journey.
- Patient & Family Educational Meetings: Free to attend, more than 200 patients, caregivers, families, volunteers, & medical professionals across the country have pointed to the high-quality, informative topics that connects all attendees.
- Volunteer Fundraising Events: Volunteers across the US held more than 50 fundraising events, raising over half a million dollars.
- Connections Support Community: 17,000+ members on Connections, the ABTA online support group, have found advice & info from the brain tumor community in the U.S. & around the world.
National Brain Tumor Society (NBTS) unrelentingly invests in, mobilizes, & unites the brain tumor community to discover a cure, deliver effective treatments, & advocate for patients & caregivers. Building on over 30 years of experience, they’re the largest patient advocacy organization in the United States committed to curing brain tumors and improving the lives of patients & families. With thousands beside them, their collective voices & actions are a powerful force for progress.
- National Brain Tumor Society (NBTS) unrelentingly invests in, mobilizes, & unites the brain tumor community to discover a cure, deliver effective treatments, & advocate for patients & caregivers
- Conquering and curing brain tumors — once and for all.
- Patients First: We are fiercely committed to providing a voice & community for all individuals impacted by brain tumors
- Best-in-Class Science and Service to Our Community: We adhere to rigors standards across our scientific & community initiatives
- Constructive, Candid, and Transparent: We practice fearless candor by being honest, accountable, & transparent in all that we do
- Relentlessly Results Driven: We set aggressive goals, active measurable results, account for our work, & accurately report our progress. We drive positive change & have the courage to disrupt the system & take risks to achieve our goals
- Committed to Public Trust: We are prudent stewards of donors’ funds & conduct our organization openly, operate efficiently, & communicate frequently
- Collaborative and Inclusive: We believe that working with others is critically important to achieving our mission
- Positive (Can-Do) Attitude: We believe a positive attitude is essential for achieving our goals
- Strengthened by Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We embrace a culture of equity, inclusion, & all forms of difference where we each can confidently express our authentic selves.
- Research: Due to NBTS’s advocacy efforts in collaboration with the brain tumor community, NIH funding for brain tumor research increased by $20 million to $435 million.
- Advancing Brain Tumor Research: NBTS launched the DNA Damage Response Consortium, in partnership with Yale Cancer Center, in early 2022. The consortium brings together a diverse team of renowned adult & pediatric researchers, from 9 major cancer centers, to rapidly advance a new class of promising potential treatments that can slow & stop a crucial mechanism of how brain tumors grow.
State of ND Medicaid / Medicaid Expansion – Health Insurance
WiTT- “We’re in This Together”
Platform created to make it easy for patients to ASK for help & make it easy for people to GIVE. It combines the simplicity of a wedding registry w/ the personalized needs of a patient & a financial tool, into an easy-to-use platform.